Friday, February 22, 2008
1 cup carrots
1 cup celery
1 cup potatoes
1/2 cup onions
Chicken Gravy mix
Saute onions in butter. Add chicken broth, carrots, celery, potatoes and chicken...simmer until tender. Add egg noodles until barely soft (al dente) stir in 1-2 Tbs. of chicken gravy mix. Enjoy!
Stir Fry Meat
Golden Mushroom Soup
Brown Stir Fry Beef in a skillet. Add mushrooms and onions in butter or olive oil to saute for 5 minutes. Add other veggies. When cooked, add 1 can of Golden Mushroom Soup.
Prepare Ramen Noodles according to package directions (even adding the MSG laden packet...sorry) Serve stir fry mixture over the Ramen Noodles.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
|For the soup:|
|5 cups chicken broth (regular or low-sodium)|
|2 cups water|
|2 to 3 thin slices fresh ginger|
|5 or 6 bok choy leaves, washed|
|Pepper to taste|
|For the wontons:|
|1/2 pound ground pork (for lower-fat wontons, use ground turkey)|
|2 scallions, finely chopped|
|1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger|
|1 small clove garlic, minced|
|1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon soy sauce|
|1 teaspoon rice vinegar|
|1/4 teaspoon sesame oil|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/8 teaspoon pepper|
|1 teaspoon cornstarch|
|35 to 40 wonton wrappers|
2. Combine the pork, scallions, ginger, and garlic in a mixing bowl. Add the soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, salt, pepper, and cornstarch and mix well with a rubber spatula.
3. Remove the wonton wrappers from their package and cover them with a damp paper towel to keep them from drying out. Assemble the wontons (see below), place them on a large plate or a baking sheet lined with waxed paper, and cover them loosely with plastic wrap..
Assembling the Wontons:
1. Place a wrapper flour side up on your work surface. Using a spoon and a chopstick, drop a scant teaspoon of the meat mixture onto the wrapper.
2. Moisten all the edges of the wrapper with a wet fingertip, then fold it over so the edges meet. Pinch the edges to seal them.
3. Using your finger or a chopstick, make an indentation in the middle of the filled wonton.
4. Dab a drop of water on the two corners and fold them in so they overlap above the indentation. Pinch them together to secure them in place.
4. Bring the chicken broth to a boil. Use a slotted spoon to add the wontons a few at a time, keeping the broth at a low boil. Cook the wontons until they are no longer pink inside (remove one and cut it open to check), at least 7 minutes. Turn the heat back to high, add the bok choy, cover, and cook it for 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and add pepper to taste.
5. Transfer 5 or 6 wontons to each soup bowl and ladle on the hot broth. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Monday, February 18, 2008
* 1/2 cup honey
* 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
* 1/2 cup butter, melted
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a shallow baking dish. In a small bowl, stir together the honey, Dijon mustard, melted butter and pepper. Place chicken in the greased baking dish, and pour the honey mustard sauce over it. Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven, basting frequently with the sauce, until chicken is firm and juices run clear
1 cup plain bread crumbs
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 1/2 pounds chicken breast tenders, cut into 2 inch pieces
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup honey mustard
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
Turn the oven on to 375 degrees F.
In a pie pan or other shallow, large dish, pour out the corn flakes. Crush the cereal up with your hands. Mix in bread crumbs, sugar, salt, pepper, and allspice.
Drizzle about 3 tablespoons vegetable oil evenly over the breading, tossing and turning it to mix the oil all through the bread crumbs and crushed-up corn flakes.
Cut the chicken fingers into toes, 2-inch pieces. Turn the chicken in flour, eggs and then in the special crunchy breading. Arrange the chicken toes on a nonstick baking sheet. Place the chicken toes in the oven and cook 15 minutes or until crisp and brown all over.
Mix together honey mustard and barbecue sauce in a small bowl. Serve hot chicken toes with honey mustard and barbecue sauce for dipping.