4 6-ounce boneless center cut loin pork chops
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4 1/2 tsp olive oil
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 Tbs Dijon mustard
1 15-ounce can pear halves in juice, sliced
1 Tbs butter
1. Heat broiler, Season pork with salt and pepper. In large skillet heat oil over high heat until it shimmers.
2. Cook pork in skillet 3 minutes, turning one, or until browned on both sides.
3. Place pork on a jelly-roll pan and broil 7 minutes or until just cooked through. Remove and keep warm.
4. Meanwhile, add the ginger to the skillet, stirring to combine. Stir in mustard to combine.
5. Add pear juice. Cook about 3 minutes until liquid has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon.
6. Add butter and swirl until melted.
7. Gently stir in the pears and remove from heat. Serve pear sauce with pork over Pumpkin Pie Spice Rice.
Pumpkin Pie Spice Rice:
2 tsp. butter
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 3/4 cups water
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup instant brown rice
1. In medium saucepan over medium heat melt butter. Add pumpkin pie spice, stirring, about 30 seconds or until fragrant.
2. Add water, salt and rice. Bring water to a boil. Cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook 10-12 minutes or until water is absorbed.